Friday, October 27, 2006

blissful slither


hello
are you listening?

last night i talked,
got stuck in holes and pipes
and got so scared
and worried
bout being stuck forever

the holes are a little difficult to describe
but the pipes,
eh, the pipes,
were like a labyrinth;
a live maze if you like
engulfing everything
that dared came in their way -
intentionally; or as in my case
unfortunately

i recall
a serpentine, bright grey
rod of a pipe
coiling around my ankles
and slithering up

eh.

the cold, sandy feel
of it rubbing and scraping
my skin;
the hair on my neck
stood at attention
ominously

the dragon of the pipe
continued the ascent,
its grip tightening with each inch
its texture harshening with each passing moment

within minutes
i felt a cold fibre-steel arm
around my neck
then
it probed, gently yet firmly
at my mouth

i was numb

but i calmed as the now straw thin pipe
entered my mouth and
a most fragrant,
spiced
full-bodied
aged
wine hit my palate

paradise!

No comments:

...if you will

Brown fringed minutes Slip through my fingers Faster than I try To hold on to them. Already, I am a minute closer to the end. Devasta...