Wednesday, January 01, 2020

un/requited love

i hurt you because i love you -
said the one who couldn’t love me
i felt that hurt echoing in my heart

my ears rang with the sound
of disproportionate pain
till i convinced myself that i was fertile in my imagination (only)

my eyes wrung the waste water from their mop
and it slowly fermented into tasteless, odorless and yet intoxicating vodka
suddenly in front of me in a see through glass condensed with ice

only when that burning liquid cascaded down my throat
i realized my love was unrequited, had always been that way
ah the fool i am to believe in mortal love.

the most beautiful love
is the unconditional, reciprocated love of God
as long as you realize it will be redeemed only when you need it most!



No comments:

...if you will

Brown fringed minutes Slip through my fingers Faster than I try To hold on to them. Already, I am a minute closer to the end. Devasta...